Key ruling party officials offer to resign over by
时间:2023-12-11 20:15:59 出处:여행阅读（143）
Key officials of the ruling People Power Party have offered to resign over the party's recent by-election defeat, which could spark a change in the party's leadership ahead of the parliamentary elections in April.
This week, Jin Kyo-hoon of the main opposition Democratic Party won 56.52 percent of the vote against his PPP rival Kim Tae-woo's 39.37 percent in the by-election for the chief of Seoul's Gangseo Ward, seen as a test of voter sentiment ahead of next year's parliamentary elections.
PPP Secretary General Lee Chul-gyu said on social media that he has decided to step down from the post to help the party stabilize and make a constructive leap forward.
Along with Lee, the party's other nominative officials, including Park Dae-chul, the PPP's chief policymaker, have offered to resign, according to the party's spokesman.
PPP leaders have pledged to heed the voice of the people and come up with extraordinary measures to win back their trust after the crushing defeat in the by-election. (Yonhap)
- "백두의 칼바람 알면 혁명가 모르면 배신자"…北, 12만명 등산
- 윤 대통령 “저보고 소통 부족하다 지적하는 분 많아 반성”
- [Herald Interview] Rising star conductor Klaus Makela to meet Korean audiences
- Samsung Biologics expansion ahead of schedule
- SK carries out complete reshuffle of top brass
- Seoul shares close nearly flat on US rate
- Star musicians add own touches to films as music directors
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- Yoon travels to Netherlands for chip allaince, strategic partnership